in February 2014 OCC published their revised draft for the Oxfordshire Minerals and Waste Local Plan: Core Strategy and after a thorough review in April 2014 PAGE duly submitted our detailed consultation submission in a document from Gardner Planning Ltd.
PAGE have grave reservations about the OCC draft
* Lack of site identification will lead to widespread planning blight
* Lack of quantification and evidence based analysis throughout the document
* Lack of any apparent evidential basis for the mapped “areas of search”
* The PAGE area is wholly unsuitable for mineral extraction and should be forever dismissed
* The plan fails to meet Government Policy and Guidance
Following receipt of all the responses from interested parties OCC issued a new schedule of key dates/events which are as follows:-
· November 2014 – the revised proposal will be presented to the OCC cabinet, a critical session open to the public and which PAGE will attend.
· December 2014 – the proposal will be passed to OCC council for approval
· January 2015 – the Publication of the Submissions will be released for public review, and again PAGE will respond to this
· April 2015 - the Department of Community & Local Government (DCLG)will appoint an inspector who will ensure that the proposal is sound and has followed due process. It was at this stage in the process that the last proposal ceased in its tracks.
· Summer 2015 – OCC will prepare for an examination of the proposed strategy in public, and again PAGE is preparing for this period of exchange. After this, the proposal will go back to the DCLG with recommendations which will be duly consideredNovember 2015 – move to adopt the new version of the “OXFORDSHIRE MINERALS AND WASTE LOCAL PLAN: CORE STRATEGY”.
PAGE has invested and prepared for this important period in the planning process. If you would like to know more, then please do contact us, details available on this website.